Stratamed® - Advanced Film-Forming Wound Dressing
What is it?
Flexible, full contact: Stratamed® dries to form a thin and flexible protective film which remains in constant contact with the damaged skin.
Reduced downtime: Stratamed® reduces downtime by creating an optimal environment for faster wound healing.
Bacteriostatic: Stratamed® protects the compromised skin from microbial invasion and does not promote bacterial growth.
Symptom relief: Stratamed® provides symptomatic relief from itching, burning and discomfort, as well as reduces redness and swelling.
How does Stratamed® work?
Stratamed® dries to form a thin, flexible, protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof. It hydrates and protects compromised skin areas and open wounds from chemical and microbial invasion.
Epidermal cells are able to move to the surface of the dermis through wound exsudate which collects at the wound dressing interface.
Who can use Stratamed®?
- Stratamed® is designed for all skin types. It is suitable for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, children or people with sensitive skin.
- Stratamed® is transparent and odorless. It does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens.
- Stratamed® always remains on top of the wound bed or newly formed granulation tissue.
- Stratamed® is suitable for all skin types.
- Stratamed® is non-reactive with no measurable pH.
- Stratamed® is easy to use at home.
- Stratamed® may be used during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
How to use Stratamed®?
- Apply once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your doctor.
- For best results, Stratamed® should maintain continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week).
Step 3 A (Without secondary dressing): Allow the gel to dry
Stratamed® should be reapplied when changing the dressing, when checking the wound progress, or as advised by your doctor.
Step 4: You are ready to go!
Remove from clothes: Stratamed® may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
Recommended duration of treatment
- Stratamed® is recommended to be used immediately post procedure until the skin has fully recovered.
- For resurfacing and ablative procedures, continued use is recommended for a minimum treatment period of 30 days (24 hours a day / 7 days a week) or until no further improvement is seen.
- For abnormal scar prevention, Stratamed® is recommended for a minimum treatment period of 60 – 90 days (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). Larger scars may require a longer treatment.
- Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
Strataderm® - Gel for professional Scar Therapy which can be used once a day.
What is the correct tube size for me?
Stratamed® gel is a unique formulation which requires substantially less product per application than typical moisturizing creams or barrier ointments.
Stratamed® 10 g is enough to treat a 5-8 cm linear incision twice per day for over 90 days.
Stratamed® 20 g is enough to treat a 10-12 cm linear incision twice per day for over 90 days or an area of 6 × 12 cm twice per day for over 60 days.
Stratamed® 50 g is enough to treat an area of 12 × 15 cm, twice per day for over 60 days.
Polysiloxanes, Siloxane Resin