Gaviscon® Dual Action Tablets - for Heartburn & Indigestion
- Free Shipping Over $100 [in Australia]
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
What is it?
1) The sodium alginate in Gaviscon® Dual Action begins to form a thick layer (known as a raft) on top of the stomach contents once it makes contact with the stomach acid. The raft acts as a strong physical barrier and helps to keep stomach contents in the stomach where they belong and not in the food pipe where they hurt.
When to Use
For the treatment of acid related symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux such as acid regurgitation, heartburn and indigestion, for example following meals or during pregnancy.
How to Use
Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over should chew two to four tablets after meals and at bedtime as needed, up to four times a day.
- The surge in the hormone progesterone causes muscles to relax. This includes the sphincter (ring of muscle) at the entrance to the stomach. When this relaxes, stomach acids are able to travel back up into the oesophagus (food pipe) causing heartburn.
- During the latter stages of pregnancy symptoms can also be caused by the baby physically putting pressure on the woman's digestive tract.
- eating a healthy diet
- sitting and/or sleeping in a more upright position
- sodium alginate
- calcium carbonate
- sodium bicarbonate
- You are allergic or intolerant to any ingredient of the medicine. Check the leaflet provided with the medicine if you know you have specific allergies or intolerances.
- Gaviscon® double action products are not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Gaviscon® double action contains sodium and may not be suitable for people who are on a strict salt or sodium restricted diet, for example those with heart or kidney disease. Ask your pharmacist for advice.
- Gaviscon® double action contains calcium so may not be suitable for people with high levels of calcium in their blood, or with a history of kidney stones that contain calcium. Again, check with your doctor or pharmacist if this applies to you.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. IF SYMPTOMS WORSEN OR CHANGE UNEXPECTEDLY, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.