Caphosol® Dispersible Tablets
What is it?
Caphosol® is the supersaturated calcium phosphate rinse proven to reduce the occurrence of oral mucositis. It is an “over-the-counter” product so very safe with no drug interactions. It is a supersaturated calcium phosphate and is available in ampoules or dispersible tablets.
When to Use
Caphosol® is very effective in preventing and treating Oral Mucositis in patients undergoing radiation and chemotherapy.
How to Use
Caphosol® Dispersible: Mix 1 Caphosol® Dispersible tablet in 50mls of water (warm if you prefer).
It is very important to follow this rinsing process to get the full benefit from Caphosol®:
- Put about half the liquid into the mouth.
- Swish around the mouth for 1 minute (a long time it seems!). I suggest timing this on your phone.
- Spit out. You may swallow if your kidneys are functioning well. This will help any ulcers in the throat.
- Repeat until the liquid Caphosol is finished.
- Do not eat or drink for 15 – 30 minutes after using to allow the calcium and phosphate to work.
- You need to use it at least 4-10 times a day. NEVER less.
- At the first sign of any redness or pain in the mouth you should increase the frequency.