StrataXRT® is a film-forming gel specifically designed to be used on dry and moist desquamation, common side effects of radiation therapy. It can be used by people of any age, gender or skin type. It is also suitable for children or people with sensitive skin.
StrataXRT® - Gel for The Prevention and Treatment of Radiation Dermatitis
What is StrataXRT®?
StrataXRT® is an innovative, film-forming wound dressing. The formula of StrataXRT® was specifically developed to prevent and treat radiation dermatitis. The StrataXRT® gel can be spread easily which is why only a very small amount of product is required.
**Ships from Australia - Now shipping this product NZ, UK & Ireland, US & Canada**
Symptom relief: StrataXRT® provides symptomatic relief from the acute inflammatory response, itching and discomfort. It also reduces redness and swelling.
Bacteriostatic: StrataXRT® protects the compromised skin from microbial invasion and does not promote bacterial growth.
From day one: StrataXRT® can be applied from day one of radiation therapy.
Flexible, full-contact: StrataXRT® dries to form a thin and flexible protective film which remains in constant contact with the damaged skin.
Dries rapidly: StrataXRT® dries rapidly and is easy to apply.
Reduced downtime: StrataXRT® reduces downtime by creating an optimal environment for faster wound healing and re-epithelialization.
No bolus effect: StrataXRT® does not cause a bolus effect.
How does StrataXRT® work?
StrataXRT® dries to form a thin, flexible, protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof. This helps to promote a moist would healing environment because it minimizes the Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) of the skin. The StrataXRT® film lightly bonds to the most superficial damaged skin layer and protects compromised skin areas and superficial wounds.
This moist environment will lead to rapid healing and faster skin recovery post radiation therapy. It will also reduce the acute skin inflammatory response, and relieve dry, itching, flaking, peeling and irritated skin – the common side effects of radiation therapy.
Who can use StrataXRT®?
- StrataXRT® is transparent and odorless. It does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens.
- StrataXRT® is a non-absorbable wound dressing.
- StrataXRT® is suitable for all skin types.
- StrataXRT® is non-reactive with no measurable pH.
- StrataXRT® is convenient and easy to use at home.
- StrataXRT® can be used in combination with other dressings.
- StrataXRT® is sterile until opened and bacteriostatic for continuous applications.
How to use StrataXRT®
StrataXRT® is recommended to be used from the very first dose of radiation therapy in order to enhance results.
- Apply once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your doctor.
- For best results, StrataXRT® should maintain in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day/7 days a week).
Step 1: Prepare your skin
Ensure that the affected skin or superficial wound is clean. Gently pat dry as much excess exudate or wound fluid from the area as possible prior to the gel application.
Step 2: Apply StrataXRT®
Apply a very thin layer of StrataXRT® directly onto the affected area.
Step 3: Allow the gel to dry
When applied correctly, StrataXRT® should be dry in 5–6 minutes.
If it takes longer to dry, you have probably applied too much. Gently remove any excess gel with a clean tissue, gauze or paper towel and allow the drying process to continue. Remember: a small amount of gel goes a long way.
Step 4: You are ready to go!
Once dry, StrataXRT® can be covered with clothes, sunscreen or cosmetics.
Removing from your skin
The excess of StrataXRT® on your hands can be easily removed by washing them with liquid soap and warm water. Repeat if necessary.
Removing from clothes
StrataXRT® may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
Tips for StrataXRT® usage
StrataXRT® may be kept in the refrigerator to relieve the burn sensation that might occur following radiation therapy sessions.
StrataXRT® may also be used in conjunction with other treatments to improve overall results.
StrataXRT® can be used with or without a secondary protective dressing.
Recommended duration of treatment
StrataXRT® is recommended to be used following the initial radiation dose and should be applied continuously for a minimum of 60–90 days (24 hours a day / 7 days a week) post radiation therapy, or until no further improvement is seen.
For chronic radiation dermatitis, continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
What is the correct tube size for me?
StrataXRT® 20 g contains enough gel to treat an area of 12 × 15 cm twice per day for over 30 days.
StrataXRT® 50 g contains enough gel to treat an area of 12 × 15 cm twice per day for over 75 days.
StrataXRT ® gel is a unique formulation that requires substantially less product per application than typical moisturizing creams or barrier ointments.
- Make sure your clothing covers the treated area when you are outside.
- Wear loose clothing.
- Choose clothes and bed sheets made of soft materials.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Sunscreen should be used for maximum protection from sunlight.
- Use non-perfumed, mild soap and toiletries.
- Shower or bath with warm water and not with hot water.
- Gently pat your skin dry after taking a shower or bath.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water as it can have a drying effect on the skin.
- Do not rub off the marks your radiation therapist made on your skin. They show where to place the radiation.
- Do not put anything that is very hot or cold on the radiated area.
- Use an electric razor if your doctor or nurse say you can shave.
- Do not “wet-shave” or use hair removal products.