Flo™ Nozoil 15mL
What is it?
Flo™ Nozoil is a nasal spray or drops containing sesame seed oil BP 1mL/mL to help relieve nasal dryness.
- Sesame seed oil is a great long-lasting moisturiser, containing all three natural forms of Vitamin E (alpha, beta and gamma) so it doesn't dry out.
- You can use it inside the nose and outside around the nose.
- Available in spray and drops (some sensitive noses find a spray painful)
Clinical trials1,2 have shown Flo™ Nozoil to effectively relieve and protect dry and crusting nasal tissue from the drying effect of air1,2 . It also helps to reduce the effects of inflammation which can occur in nasal tissue3. Flo™ Nozoil does not evaporate quickly from the nasal tissues. Its moisturising effects can therefore last longer and this can assist in providing good relief from symptoms of dryness and crusting.4
Flo™ Nozoil is indicated for the temporary relief of dry and crusting nasal tissue. Nasal tissue may become dry and irritated (sometimes causing nose bleeds) from any of the following:
- During and after a common cold
- While using medical devices which deliver air into the nasal passages
- While using medicated nasal medications
- In low humidity environments, e.g. air-conditioning, aircraft cabins
- While using certain medications – e.g. chemotherapy
- In older people – as a result of natural changes to the nasal tissues and also to shape of the inside of the nose
A diagrammatic representation of how Flo™ Nozoil deflects drying air streams from dry and crusty nasal tissues.
Once healed, the tissues can function normally and produce a mucus blanket which shields delicate underlying tissue from drying and crusting.
Always read the label. Use as directed. See your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- A randomized, single-blinded cross-over trial of sesame oil (Nozoil) for the treatment of nasal symptoms associated with CPAP. Feenstra J et al. Sleep Disorders Centre, Dept of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, QLD 4102.
- A randomized cross-over trial of inhaled nasal sesame oil (Nozoil) versus heated humidification versus placebo for the treatment of nasal congestion associated with CPAP. Rixon K, Tang T and Hukins C. Sleep Disorders Centre, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba QLD 4102.
- Vitamin E attenuates the injurious effects of bioactive phospholipids on human ciliated epithelium in vitro. Feldman C et al. European Respiratory Journal 2001. Vol 18 pages 122-129
- Pure sesame oil vs isotonic sodium chloride solution as treatment for dry nasal mucosa. Johnsen J et al. Archives of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Vol 127,Nov 2001. pages 1353-1356
THIS PRODUCT MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR YOU. READ THE WARNINGS BEFORE PURCHASE. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. IF SYMPTOMS WORSEN OR CHANGE UNEXPECTEDLY, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.