Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream
What is it?
Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream is a moisturising barrier cream that provides durable, long-lasting production from bodily fluids while moisturising the skin. The unique, polymer based formula provides a breathable barrier¹ to promote skin health in patients at risk for skin damage from incontinence. The cream vanishes into the skin¹, is fragrance free, does not clog briefs and absorbent products¹, allows for easy visualisation of the skin and resists wash-off. Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream contains a unique blend of 3M™ polymers and dimethicone for skin protection as well as conditioning ingredients for moisturisation. Unlike typical barrier products, Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream is both durable and concentrated. This means it lasts longer and you use less per application than typical creams and ointments.
- Unique, polymer-based formulation
- Concentrated - requires less frequent application and less product with each application than typical moisture barriers
- Does not clog or reduce the absorbency or continence pads¹
- Resists wash off - eliminates the need for frequent reapplication²
- Allows tapes and dressings to adhere
- CHG compatible²
- Available in 28g and 92g Tubes
When to Use?
- As a barrier against irritation from bodily fluids
- To prevent and manage sore skin caused by incontinence
- As a moisturiser for severely dry skin
- 3M™ Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream brochure (PDF, 963.7KB)
- Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream (Next Generation) 3391G, 3392G 3392GS (PDF)